Friday, September 10, 2004

Belated Birthday fun!

I got TWO belated birthday gifts today! It was such a great way to end the week. The first was a fudge brownie mix and frosting from Peetie and Phil. You fellow mathy people will appreciate this: They got me two candles...a 7 candle and a Pi candle. AHHHHAHAHAHA, I love dorks!

The other gift was a red Northface jacket form my parents. Now I have a reason to look forward to winter!

I was bored at work again today and so I decided to learn about how they name hurricanes. I learned a lot I didn't know. There are six sets of names A through W, skipping Q and U. So every six years they repeat. If a hurricane causes enough damage, then the name is retired. This is only for the Atlantic storms. You can find a list for all the names in all the areas of the world here: http://www.aoml.noaa.gov/hrd/tcfaq/B2.html. I found it interesting that they used to only be women's names, but men's names got added in 1979 after women's rights groups protested.

Hopefully my weekend will be a little more fun than my week.

1 Comments:

At 9/13/2004 6:36 PM, Blogger Laura said...

yay janie liked our gift! we had fun making it too. :)

you're lucky you get to sit around and bum on the internet all day. i have to do work all the time and then when i get home i don't have any internet. it really sucks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home