Tuesday, September 14, 2004

I don't have a job, but I do have an income

I just got back from lunch. I am at "work". In case you haven't heard about my so-called "job", basically I do the same things I did before I had a "job" except I sit in a cubicle and I get paid. There is seriously nothing for me to do here. I don't feel like they need me at all and I'm embarrassingly overqualified. This morning all I did was put a few files in numerical order. Now I'm waiting for the checklist so I can check them off.

Things I have been pondering include whether I should worry about my cuticles or lack thereof. Eczema has eaten them away and I don't know if they are important. I feel like they had to be there for a reason. Also, my nails are wrinkly. I think I have a vitamin deficiency. Does anyone know what might cause this?

I finally found a gym I like. I will be joining the Alexandria YMCA. No down payment, and no contract. I went to a cardio class yesterday and went swimming after. I really like that it has a pool. The chlorine really made me tired, but I still didn't get to bed until after 1am. I DREAD mornings!




2 Comments:

At 9/15/2004 1:43 AM, Blogger Laura said...

HAhaHAa! i love that you put 'job' in quotes. that's funny.

anyway, i hope i didn't contribute to the vitamin worry.... sorry i'll try to help. if you're wondering about eczema , manganese is known to help regulate allergies. it's found in whole grains, leafy greens and especially tea. also, you're right that wrinkly nails is a sign of a vitamin deficiency, which is likely a combination of a bunch of vitamins. honestly though, i wouldn't worry about the nails so much if it's a deficiency... it's the way it's affecting the rest of your body that i'd worry about. everything from lethargy to acne to cancer can be the result of a deficiency. maybe experiment with some fresh fruits and veggies for a few weeks and see if anything gets better.

 
At 9/15/2004 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jane!

Vitamins... My specialty! Many nail problems can be cleared up by taking zinc. Just make sure to take it after you have something in your stomach because it can give you nausea if taken on an empty stomach. I agree with Laura though... If you have a sign of a vitamin deficiency don't just worry about treating the symptom - it is much better if you can correct the deficiency so that your entire body is healthy. If you want me to help you find a really good quality multi-vitamin to take, just let me know. (I can also help you figure out how much zinc your body needs - you don't want to take too much.)

Thanks for the new post. I was getting bored and needed the distraction of something new to read. ;0)

-Genelle

 

Post a Comment

<< Home