Monday, September 20, 2004

Reality TV makes me think

I never thought I'd have a revelation while watching The Surreal Life, but alas, I did. For those of you who don't know, it's a show that takes I think 6 C-list Hollywood "stars" and has them live in a house together. This season has Joey from Full House and Ryan Starr from the first season of American Idol. There's also this short, ugly, obnoxious guy named Flavor Flav (I don't know what he's known for) who gets it on with this chick Brigitte. Flavor is one of those people who has no redeeming qualities and is hopeless in becoming what I consider to be a good person. Needless to say, I don't understand what Brigitte sees in him.

Which brings me to my revelation: It bothers me when people don't know when to be sketched out. This also occurred on Real World San Francisco with the horrendous Puck. I've talked to a bunch of people who really liked Rachel on that season, but if you ask me, the fact that she was attracted to Puck, instead of completely repulsed like one should have been, told me she had issues. Perhaps I'm being harsh and missing something big here, but I don't think so. (I just have to say that so people know it has occurred to me.)

Ok, enough ranting.


Denise and I are watching a show on the Discovery Health Channel about a 7 yr old boy who was pregnant with his own twin. He has this big bulge in his stomach but his parents didn't think he needed to see a doctor until years later when he complained of stomach pains. So basically there was a baby growing inside of a baby as a parasite. There was a South Park episode about this. Way too cool.

In other news:

I have a hair growing out of my chin. It is about an inch long and I haven't decided what to do about it. Tugging on it hurts so I don't want to do that. I could cut it, but it might just keep growing. Hmmph.

I continue to do nothing at work. I have finished my project of putting together nearly 100 orientation binders. I worked very slowly today so it would take up the whole time. This means one page at a time and only when someone is walking by. Otherwise I would chat online and do other fun things on the internet such as learning that Bush is ahead in the land of New Jersey. ::Insert McGreevy girly-man joke here::

For those of you who are interested, I signed up for Friendster. If you are also a member, you can find me by typing in "Bucknell, Gunn" under schools and invite me to be your friend! It's really cool...I've spent hours at work looking at the profiles of people I went to highschool with. It's like a reunion preview.


Bad Advertising Strategy: Airing a commercial for the Weeble Wobble city set-up during the movie Seven.

1 Comments:

At 9/20/2004 11:41 PM, Blogger Allison said...

Flavor Flav is a rapper

 

Post a Comment

<< Home