Wednesday, January 04, 2006

You know you're on a turbulent flight when...

...the flight attendants aren't allowed to get up to do their last check up and down the aisle due to the rest of the flight being "too unpredictable". We were told that putting our tables and seats in their "upright and locked position" was on the honor code and to please comply because a 3.2 degree recline is the difference between life and death. I was listening to the cockpit channel and the pilot said after some mega jolts that we had just taken a few hits. The girl next to me and I speculated that he may have actually meant hit by lightening. Also, my cup fell off the table.

So it wasn't a great end to my vacation, but at least the rest of it was fun. I did the normal things like eat at Peninsula Creamery, go to dollar night at Baskin Robbins, drink my favorite egg nog and hang out with my hometown buddies. I also adopted some not so normal rituals such as eating a chocolate croissant every morning thanks to my dad's daily trips to Pete's Coffee. I'm reading over this paragraph and realizing I sound like a pig.

My New Year's resolutions aren't that interesting. They include typical things like flossing, going to the gym more and keeping my life organized. 2006 is the first year where I've had a real vision of what I want to have happen. I plan to finish my applications, wait for responses, hopefully get into a few places, visit those few places in the late winter/spring, make a decision, and enjoy the last few months before I go back to school and work my butt off. I also want to squeeze in trips to New York, Raleigh, Annapolis, Philadelphia and Central PA to visit relatives.

I can't believe I just said I want to visit Central PA.

3 Comments:

At 1/12/2006 1:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi janie. i hate flights like that. i think i've been lucky and not been on many. my scariest flight memory is on one of those little planes from dubois, pa to pittsburgh, pa - what seemed like baseball sized hail hitting the plane as we were being jostled all around. a "kiss the ground" flight. -dad

 
At 1/17/2006 7:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Janie! I had one of those flights going back to Chicago, and we didn't get food or anything for the first TWO AND A HALF HOURS!! People were trying to get up to use the lavatory, but they were always told to sit back down. I was mad because I wanted a beer, but I never got it.

 
At 1/23/2006 12:08 AM, Blogger Aaron said...

Unpredictable huh? That's a very politically correct way of saying it alright. A comment made by the pilot containing the phrase "the difference between life and death" also must have gave you a warm, fuzzy feeling inside. It's always cool to be involved in experiences in which you might end up dying. Brian would have been shitting himself, he's real sketchy about flights to begin with. Kudos on your thoughts of central PA, ahahahaha...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home