Friday, August 26, 2005

And the verdict is...nothing surprising

Got my blood test results the other day. It's mono. Duh. At least I have an excuse for having been a lump of laziness for the past few weeks. Haven't had much of an appetite for anything except ice cream and television. And since I ran out of my Ben and Jerry's the other day, all I had last night was a glass of oj. The doctor says my liver is swollen and my spleen is prone to rupturing so I can't drink or play contact sports which sucks because I just joined a kickball team. But I figure if I stay in the outfield and play flip cup with water (yes, I know, lame) I should be ok.

I don't like having to put my life on hold, but perhaps it's a blessing in disguise because I really need to study for the GREs. I just need some discipline. So after Sunday, the plan is to make it my new age (23) resolution to learn vocabulary words instead of the prime time TV schedule.

My friend Melinda has revived her blog after a one year leave of absence. Check her out on my side bar.


WTF: Blogger doesn't recognize the word "kickball"?!

2 Comments:

At 8/26/2005 8:37 PM, Blogger Aaron said...

Damn, and whenver I got that message from you over AIM, I thought for sure it was one of those nifty little instant message viruses (it didn't help that for some reason I received that message twice in a row and it looked suspicious)....I guess that'll teach me not to slack on checking your latest blog entries. Well, it could be something much more serious and/or embarrassing, I had a friend who had Chlamydaia once, we had some fun with that one for a while. Anyhow Jane, I hope you feel better soon, and I'll see you next week.

 
At 8/26/2005 9:37 PM, Blogger Kel The Younger said...

Hey Jane,

So sorry to hear you're sick. That'll teach you to go around kissing every guy you meet! I'm just teasing. I just wanted to say I hope you get well real soon! Let me know if you need any secret herbal remedies from AZ...hehe. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home