Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Memorial Day Weekend 2005 - Thursday night/Friday

My mom and sister met a sweaty, exhausted, grateful-to-have-landed-with-no-more-problems-Jane (see below) at the Manchester airport. We headed to Concord and settled ourselves into a hotel for the night. Unfortunately I was not able to catch up on sleep because my mom was snoring and Annie had laryngitis which meant an infinite amount of phlegm was coughed up and sniffled all night. Friday morning we drove up to North Conway to my Uncle Paul and Aunt Vickie's place. I opted to be lazy and not go to Bates to help move my sister out of the dorms. Instead I stuck around with cousin Topher who took me with him to get gas so I could buy some ice cream (Ben and Jerry's chocolate fudge brownie in case you're wondering.) Then we came back and Topher taught me how to play cribbage. After some beginner's luck, he proceeded to demolish me. But I managed to even things out when we played gin rummy.

After that, my seven week old cousin, Braedon paid us a visit. Of course, being a relative of mine, he was very cute. He also had very big feet.

Uncle Paul made us some juicy red steak after my mom and Annie got back. Then we had family game time and played Outwageous which is a trivia game that invovles betting on whether you think the other teams of two will answer a question correctly. Now, there have been many moments, especially in the past year, when I've felt older than I am. But trivia games have a tendency of putting me in my place. I consider my general knowledge to be fairly decent, but trivia games are so darn frusterating because they assume you're at least 30. And I got paired with my sister which didn't help. The only category the Paul/Topher team ever bet we would get correctly was spelling. Luckily I surprised them a few times, like with my knowledge of Scott Baio being the star of Charles in Charge. But most of the time I sat there whining things like "But I was SIX when Pan Am flight 103 blew up!"

**Rest of the weekend coming shortly**

2 Comments:

At 6/02/2005 1:30 AM, Blogger Kel The Younger said...

Wow - I think that's the first time I've read about phlegm in a blog. :-p

Haha - Charles in Charge...that brings back memories! Was Flight 103 the one over Lockerbie Scotland?

I'm sad I won't get to see you Janie! Sorry you'll be flying out before we get to meet up. But next time I visit, you gotta come and hang out! :-)

 
At 12/11/2005 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HELP! We've lost our Outwageous playing instructions...help us, please!

Craig, at toni05@msn.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home