Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Over the last 4 days I:

  • ate a cheeseburger at an Animal Right's bbq. Motto - There's room for all of God's creatures...next to the mashed potatoes.
  • embarrassed myself trying to sing Time of my Life and I Want it that Way at karaoke.
  • helped Jackie pick out a dress and shoes in under an hour. I like people who shop like me. (Don't worry Peetie...I'm still your friend.)
  • saw the Beach Boys perform at Chrysalis. Unfortunately California Girls was the first song they played and I wasn't there yet. There were a TON of old people there. I'd say half the crowd was over 50 thanks in part to the inauguration for the new prez the next day.
  • won a bottle of champagne in a raffle. The next morning my friend from jazz class got me a bottle of wine as a housewarming gift. I am now in need of some special occasions.
  • went to my second gymnastics class. I managed to do a front flip and land on my feet. Unfortunately my first few tries I did not end up on my feet and now I have a bruised tailbone so I will be walking and sitting funny for a day or two. Goals for next week: Kip and back flip.

5 Comments:

At 5/04/2005 12:39 AM, Blogger Dick said...

janie, they weren't serving cheeseburgers at the animal rights bbq, were they? or did you crash it with a cheeseburger? that's not a very nice thing to do.

did you get your oil changed ok? you should not let it go over 5k, especially since a lot of your driving is in town. did you know that your mother changed her own oil when i met her? her car was a 1968 Ford Torino. -dad

 
At 5/04/2005 11:06 AM, Blogger Jane said...

The "animal right's" bbq was about how animals have the right to be eaten so yes, they were serving burgers there. Unfortunately there were no protesters which is half the fun at these things.

 
At 5/05/2005 6:55 AM, Blogger Murph said...

Did they server those burgers on PETA bread? (sorry, I couldn't resist ;-)

 
At 5/07/2005 11:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha! Good one- props to Murphy!

 
At 5/10/2005 11:46 PM, Blogger Kel The Younger said...

Time of My Life? By Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes? That is one of my favorite songs! Soooo beautiful!!! I love the crescendo - it's so exhilarating!

You're the one thing
I can't get enough of
So I'll tell you something
This could be love because

I've had the time of my life
No I never felt this way before
Yes I swear it's the truth
And I owe it all to you!


I love it! :-)

I think it's cute that your dad reminds you to change your oil. I mean, that's such a dad thing to do. I envision myself doing much the same some day. :-) (Sorry Jane's dad for chuckling a little!) My sister never does hers on time, so guess who is always on her case about it. :-) I do think it's awesome that your mom did her own! Lots of good analytic skills run in your genes! Hehe!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home