Monday, April 25, 2005

Frustrated with nature

Why? Well for one, it's cold again. Barely 40 this morning. And I continue to get electric shocks even from touching the plants at work.

But more importantly I've realized that by nature, guys like nurturing girls because they are trying to replace their mothers. This is totally natural and also quite subconscious. When you ask guys what they want in girls they often say "smart and funny".* This is bullshit. Ok, maybe not complete bullshit, but close. The point is, guys are weenies underneath it all and nurturing is at least a slightly more important quality to them than smart and funny. I don't necessarily expect the male gender to change, nor do I think they should, nor do I have anything against girls of the nurturing type. All I ask is that guys go through the humility of admitting this is true. It becomes extremely obvious in their choices, anyway.

Of course I complain because nature isn't working in my favor here. I tend to try to impress people, both guys and girls, by being smart and funny. This hasn't gotten me very far in the relationship department. And I believe this nurturing aspect is the reason. But being stubborn, I refuse to change. Perhaps I should try a unique approach to meeting guys: Go to middle aged women's events, find a woman who is a lot like me, ask if she has a son around my age.

Not that girls are off the hook in terms of saying they want one thing in a guy, and really being attracted to something else. But the whole "girls like bad guys" dealy has been beaten to death on talk shows, books, and conversations in general. So I feel it's redundant to say anything.


Side notes:
  • If I see that Old Navy tunic commercial one more time, I just may owe Denise a TV.
  • Looks like I'm headed to Bucknell this Thursday. I plan to attend Karaoke night in hoppin' Milton, PA.
  • Gymnastics starts tonight!

*I am referring to decent guys who are looking for something meaningful. In other words, I'm excluding those who might answer just "hot".

2 Comments:

At 4/26/2005 8:14 AM, Blogger Jackie said...

New blog address to properly reflect my greatness: http://jackiethegreatest.blogspot.com

 
At 4/27/2005 11:23 PM, Blogger Kel The Younger said...

Grrrr!!! I certainly do not want someone to replace my mother. That's sick - I'll presumably be having passionate sex with my *girlfriend* some day (after she's my wife of course). "Funny" can get annoying - obnoxious girls are sometimes "funny," so I wouldn't think that's such a great trait anyway. I think "mature" is more important than "funny" and maybe even more than "smart."

What's wrong with wanting a girl who cares about you and shows it anyway? What kind of relationship is it if she doesn't? "Sweetie, I enjoy going out with you and sleeping with you, but just don't get too warm-fuzzy on me, OK?" Sounds like something *girls* *complain* about a lot in guys.

Heck yeah I want my girlfriend to be nurturing! I don't want her yessing me to death, if that's what you meant. But I do want someone who does what my friends do - supports me emotionally and listens and shows me she cares.

OK, I am done lashing out at you for trying to fit my gender into a nice little Lenox case. :-) All this being said, I am the last person to talk to about meeting mates - I'm twenty mmblmmblm and still single as the morning sun (well, it's been theorized that there's a "nemesis star" that is a dim binary companion to the sun, but I'm going with the currently accepted knowledge base).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home