Friday, June 03, 2005

Memorial Day Weekend 2005 - Part 2

Saturday: Another lazy day. Friday night I got a room to myself and slept like a baby. I took a shower for the first time in two days. My mom and sister spent all day sorting through her clothes, deciding what she'd take home and what she'd store in NH. In order to feel a little productive I decided to unload the rest of Annie's stuff from the car. That was my exercise for the day. Make that the weekend. Before heading down to Connecticut, we all went to dinner at the Mexican restaurant my cousin Jaime (father of Braedon) cooks at. With my mom footing the bill I helped myself to a grande chicken quesadilla and a nice large margarita. Then it was time for the four hour drive down to the farm. I must admit I was a back seat driver Nazi. Luckily we got there alive, albeit late, and after a quick visit with my Aunt Susan and cousins Danni and Heather, drove to the cabin way out on the edge of the farm to sleeeeeeep.

Sunday: We took our time getting up in the morning. Breakfast got skipped and we went straight to cousin Corey and Annie's (different Annie) for lunch. Their four year old son, Dylan, decided to have his three week old pet chicken, whom he named Little Brown join us at the table. I was very impressed with how fearlessly he held that thing. That kid could survive in the wild better than me I'm sure. For the afternoon we went to the beach for a while, then Annie and I joined cousin Megan at her yoga class. I don't think I'm cut out for yoga. I'd like to say it's because I'm not spiritual enough, but then I remember my dad's into yoga. We had to chant "ohm" a couple times. I felt out of place. Ohms remind me of physics. At the end we got to lie on our backs for 5 to 10 minutes and I fell half asleep and started dreaming, though I don't remember what about.

Dinner was with everyone at Uncle David and Aunt Pauline's recently finished new house on the outskirts of the farm. We ate some colorful organic food then busted out David and Pauline's wedding album plus Megan's baby pictures and reminisced about family stories that have been told a hundred times. But since they are such good story tellers, it's always entertaining.

------------

Ok, it has now taken me about three days to finish this entry and I'm starting to forget details. I don't think anything that blog worthy happened the rest of the trip. Monday we woke up and did lunch at David and Pauline's again with everyone and then drove back up to Manchester so I could fly home. There were no mishaps at the airport or on the flight. I had my cell phone and only one boarding pass the whole time. And the people next to me knew how to breath properly. Let's hear it for smooth flying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home