Thursday, August 04, 2005

Biggy M&Ms!

Check this out! M&Ms are getting big. As curious as I am to see them, I do have my skeptic side. I'm not sure how the logic works out, but it seems to me putting bigger circles together means bigger gaps and hence less chocolate for your money. However, there are also fewer M&Ms because of the bigger size and therefore a fewer number of gaps. So does it work out evenly or not? What if they filled in the gaps with Mini M&Ms? Come to think of it, I haven't had M&Ms of any size in a while.

1 Comments:

At 8/05/2005 12:31 PM, Blogger Jackie said...

Being that they're sold based on weight, I don't think you need to worry much about the gap sizes. :-P

I feel like as a math major, I should know how to set up a maximization problem to figure out the best case if they were sold by volume... Maybe if that really hot kid hadn't been in our OR class, I would've learned this stuff better. Oh well. My *guess* is mixing Mega's with Mini's would be best though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home