Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Wedding number one of the summer

It was another family oriented weekend, this time my dad's side. I had Friday off so I left for Pittsburgh around noon. First I did my good deed for the day and returned a cell phone I found the night before outside a metro station to its owner. Then I proceeded to not figure out how to get on the GW Parkway and ended up in the district around where we play softball. After making some random turns, I finally busted out the map, made and illegal U-y and I was on my way.

Four and a half hours later I found myself at the Marriott in Cranberry Township, PA only to be whisked away to the rehearsal dinner which took place at an old Catholic Church that was turned into a brewery. I think they actually got our beer from the confessionals.

Saturday I amazingly got up at 7am on my own and went to the hotel gym. Then I drove over to Target to buy a last minute birthday card for my Aunt Linda and Starbucks to get some breakfast. For lunch, Linda and I went to visit my mom's friend who just moved to the Pittsburgh area from California. When we got back to the hotel, Brian the groom, his brother Aaron, the best man and another friend of his were all outside in jeans and t-shirts smoking and drinking to prepare for the wedding. Such guys.

The ceremony was nice and short and the reception was in the same room. In fact, we were seated at our tables for the ceremony. Dinner was buffet style and the bar was open. I ate steak for the second night in a row. No complaints. The music was great and I would have loved to dance, but I didn't know anyone else who was. Instead I caught up with my cousins who are guys and lame and don't dance. Not that I didn't like chatting with them, but it would have been amusing to see them try to bust a move.

After the reception we headed back to the hotel and a bunch of us hung out at the bar downstairs for a while. I didn't get much sleep that night and I was quite tired for the drive back. Over 130 miles on the turnpike which is a scary road is not very fun. Needless to say, I was glad to get back. It was a fun weekend and now I have my trip home and Alisa's wedding to look forward to next!

---------------------

Things I don't get:
-Why I see so many cars with Alaska plates.
-Why one ear gets more wax than the other.

2 Comments:

At 6/15/2005 9:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is cousin Aaron... So I'm lame cause I don't dance huh? I think I'll make my own blog and entitle it "10 reasons why my cousin Jane sucks"- hahahaha!- just kidding, nice to see you at the wedding. You've lost some weight since the last time I saw you-have you been doing meth? Goddamit, I told you to stay away from that stuff, (that'll teach you- hahaha!!!!

 
At 6/17/2005 2:15 PM, Blogger Jackie said...

Glad to see I'm not the only one who has trouble with the GW Parkway :-P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home