Monday, September 12, 2005

Amish, Katrina, Mono, Numbering

1. I had a dream last night that I married an amish guy. It was kind of an accident but not really. I never felt serious about him, but for some reason didn't break it off. During the engagement I told myself in the back of my mind that I could run away at anytime even after we're married because he's amish and would have no real means of finding me. Up to a couple hours after the wedding this is what I planned to do, but then all of a sudden I felt obligated to take the marriage seriously which freaked me out and I woke up.

2. I'm not gonna say how much I've donated to the Katrina relief, but I will admit it is a very, very unimpressive amount. Especially after hearing about how single celebrities are writing checks for a million dollars. I will say I do feel a bit noble because I gave my money at a doughnut selling fund raiser in my office building and even though I didn't like any of the donuts they had, I kept in mind that this wasn't the Katrina victims' fault and put in some cash.

3. Mono update: Feeling much better, but still need to go to the doctor for a follow up. I decided to start being a little active. Last week I was feeling so lazy, I'd be at work looking forward to going home, plopping on the futon, eating ice cream and watching Shepard Smith. After a while that feels really gross so this weekend I went walking and explored different parts of Arlington. I tried running, but after less than a fourth of a mile I wanted to collapse.

4. I like this numbering style Melinda uses. Hope you don't mind that I stole it!

2 Comments:

At 9/12/2005 4:56 PM, Blogger The Grave Digger said...

Hi Jane

I was browsing Peetie's friends and started reading. If you have mono, you can really seriously injure your spleen if you overexert yourself (eg running) so be careful and take it easy!

 
At 9/17/2005 11:35 PM, Blogger Aaron said...

You had a dream that you married an Amish guy? Sigmund Freud would probably have a field day with that one... you goddam weirdo Jane, hahaha, jk, love ya

 

Post a Comment

<< Home