Friday, September 23, 2005

For those who are curious like me...

....There are only four names left for hurricanes this season and if we run out, we start naming them after Greek letters.

Pathetic Katrina fund raiser: Last Friday I was at a bar for the end of the season softball party and I notice some posters up with pictures of various rainbow colored squares. Turns out someone is selling colored cubes for $5 and donating $2 of each sale to the Red Cross. Colored cubes?! Remember, just because it's for charity doesn't mean you have to buy it. Lame!

Important announcement: The Central Arlington Library has the most uncomfortable toilet seats in history. They are too narrow and hit your bones in just the wrong place. I know I'm not oddly shaped so I can't be alone in this. You'd think someone would test them before mass producing OR buying them! I suppose I should be glad they have toilet seats period. In some countries all you get is a hole and not even a curtain.

2 Comments:

At 9/23/2005 6:27 PM, Blogger Peetie said...

Maybe the toilet seats were specially designed to be really uncomfortable so that people would keep it quick... Like how some bus stop seats are designed to not be comfortable so that homeless people won't sleep on them.

 
At 9/24/2005 9:24 PM, Blogger Kel The Younger said...

Not to joke about hurricanes, but I would...

1) hope they don't use both "upsilon" and "epsilon" (could get confusing!)
2) love to see all the news anchors try to pronounce the letter "ksee!"
3) bet money that *someone* would pronounce "chi" with a "ch" sound instead of a "k" sound!

Anyway, I'm obviously rooting for "pi." (Jane slaps Jon for horrible math humor.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home