Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Olympic observations

  • I'm finally starting to see some wrinkles on Bob Costas in his gazillionth Olympic emergence from hibernation.
  • Shaun White would make a beautiful drag queen.
  • I mistakenly thought a female German pairs skater was black with fake blonde hair when in fact she had normal blonde hair and a very fake tan.
  • Spending over half an hour on long distance speed skating is not ok. Body condoms are not a good look.

Non-Olympic observations:

  • I've decided that Washington state has the coolest city names, such as Enumclaw, Puyallup and my favorite, Sammamish. Illinois comes in second with cute sounding cities like Skokie, Joliet and Peoria.
  • Hyphenating your kids' names is bad enough, but double hyphenation (such as Smith-Jones-Mitchell) should most certainly be considered child abuse. I came across a name like this at work, and I can't imagine he's ever filled out a form where there has been enough room. If I had a name like this, I would call my parents and bitch them out every time I had to write it.

5 Comments:

At 2/19/2006 1:12 PM, Blogger Aaron said...

I've been really slacking with keeping up on the Oympics this year, so I'm glad I can get the highlights (um, well, maybe those aren't highlights) from you, Jane.

 
At 3/02/2006 5:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Skokie, Joliet and Peoria are holes. The only redeeming quality of Joliet is that is hosts many-a-demolition-derby.

 
At 4/05/2006 4:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jane, you must update your blog. I have nothing to entertain me when I'm bored at work unless you keep it updated...and yes, right now I am bored at work.

 
At 4/08/2006 10:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the Olympics comments. I loved eating greasy pizza and watching figure skating. Seemed like such a funny combo -- cause all the figure skaters eat tons of pizza, clearly! Anyhow, glad you helped to pull me out of my Olympic-free life. So much fun. I'm sad we missed the outdoor skating. Always next year (or an indoor rink somewhere??)

 
At 4/20/2006 2:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jane-
I agree than and more than 3 names (fisrt, middle and last)is child abuse. I mean COME on? What are people thinking. No one wants to loose an identity BUT seriously ....THINK about it?
Love this "thought"....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home