Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Things that baffle me

1. How do I know the words to songs I can't stand and always change the station on? I realized this when one of those Sarah McClouglin-like songs came on the internet radio where changing stations isn't convenient so I sucked it up and listened and seemed to know exactly what words were coming next. Not the kind of intelligence I want.

2. I've had a loaf of bread sitting in my car on the floor of the back seat for a few months now. There is absolutely no sign of mold on it. It's Arnold brand on which I've seen mold grow plenty of times. I'm thinking it's something about the back seat floor in my car. I'm keeping it there just to see what happens.


And for an update on my life:

I got a very unexpected and generous bonus at work which is allowing me to take the train to NYC this weekend and also to go to Las Vegas for a weekend in May. (Any gambling tips are welcome...I know to stay away from slot machines.) Kickball and softball seasons are starting up...I plan to kick butt in flip-cup.

1 Comments:

At 4/13/2006 4:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for updating your profile. As for gambling tips: Set yourself an amount to lose, and when you lose it, walk away. If you're winning, as soon as you're up the amount you started with, take that amount of chips and put them in your back pocket and don't take them out until you cash out. You'll at least break even. Blackjack is really easy to win with, but you have to be consistent. Always hit under a certain number, always stay over it. You'll have a blast in Vegas. Drinks are free as long as you look like you're gambling. Find the nickel slots closest to the bar and get hammered.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home