Thursday, July 27, 2006

I suppose it's time for an update

My softball team has discovered my blog and I finally feel compelled to write something.

Since I last blogged I have:
  • Been to Vegas with Ariel where I lost $90, but had fun doing it. I also drank yummy fruity drinks as I walked down the strip.
  • Went home for a week in CA where all I did was sit outside in the sun. I came back super tan with highlights in my hair. I considered my trip to be very productive. Though it would have been nice if my dad and sister had been around and also if my parents were actually going to remodel the house this year which was the purpose of making a trip then.
  • been injured playing kickball. Just a skinned knee, but a pretty nasty one. I tripped over the first baseman. Couldn't really bend or straighten my leg for a week. Luckily it was the last game (our record was 1-8) and I was in good enough shape to play flip-cup afterwards.
  • My softball team has faired much better record wise. We clinched our divison and the tournament is coming up next weekend. I'm hoping it won't be as miserable for me as it was last year...the fact that I don't have mono this time should help.
  • My Uncle Jerry passed away a few weeks ago from complications from a stroke he had in June. I made my way up to St. Mary's, PA for his funeral where I got to meet a lot of cousins (Jerry's grandchildren, who are around my age) and see my parents.
  • My cousin Lindsay (other side of the family) moved to Arlington a month ago so we've been hanging out and making fun of hippies. I even made her an honorary member of the softball team.
  • The biggest news in my life just happened today...I got a new job! I'll be at the same place I'm working now, but in a different position. More responsibility and more pay...yay! My first bigger paycheck will come just days before my birthday. :)

1 Comments:

At 8/02/2006 8:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new job! I know you've been looking for a change career-wise, so it's good to hear you got it :D
Also, let me know about the cousin get together that is going to happen in DC. I stopped reading the emails because I'm relying on you to fill me in!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home