Monday, January 08, 2007

I'm Bringing Bloggy Back

At least for now. Keeping up my blog isn't a serious 2007 resolution, but stay tuned.

My dad recently sent an email out a bunch of our family friends and relatives with pictures from Christmas and New Year's, including one of me standing next to a porta-potty with a ribbon on it and a caption saying to ask me for the story. (No, it wasn't my Christmas gift.) So instead of telling it everytime someone asks, I figured I'd just blog about it.

My dad picked me up from the airport Christmas Eve and as he pulled into our driveway I noticed a porta-potty peaking above the fence.
"Uhhh...why is there a porta-potty in our backyard?" I asked.
"Oh, you didn't hear? We don't have plumbing," he responded.
"Wtf, where do you shower?!" This struck me as a huge annoyance, but not at all surprising considering my parents are getting ready to renovate the house and we've never been able to run the dishwasher or washing machine while someone's showering or even take two showers at one. In fact, you can't take a shower longer than 10 minutes without losing hot water.
"At the Y."
"I knew I shouldn't have come home."

I walk inside, go up to my sister and say in distress "I hear we don't have plumbing."
"Umm...yes, we do," she says confused.
"But what about the porta-potty?"
My mom hears this and starts laughing uncontrollably. My dad had lied.

*IN MY DEFENSE* Christmas night our kitchen sink broke and we had to call the plumber.

So yeah, I am slightly gullible, but our house is in such crappy shape it was a believable story. My parents then found a big red bow and put it on top of the porta-potty as can be seen in the picture and is viewable to anyone walking by.




I made a few changed to my side bar. I have removed blogs that haven't been updated for a year (except for my dad's because I'm holding out hope) and I've added my friend LJ. Happy reading!

7 Comments:

At 1/09/2007 4:26 PM, Blogger Murph said...

OK. So WHY WAS the porta-potty in the back yard (really)?

 
At 1/09/2007 10:20 PM, Blogger sandra en palo alto! said...

i want to see the picture!

 
At 1/10/2007 12:22 PM, Blogger Jane said...

Construction is starting in the back yard so they brought a porta-potty for it. At least I think that's the story....

 
At 1/13/2007 10:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sandra, you can see a picture of Jane and the PP at http://dinc.com/df/xmas2006

 
At 2/01/2007 5:26 PM, Blogger Lara Ziobro said...

Thanks for the link! And now I'm off to check out that porta-potty pic "anonymous" shared!

 
At 3/21/2007 7:34 AM, Blogger Kyra said...

You can add my blog! if you want. I think it's funny. ^^ can I add yours to my sidebar?
-Kyra
(http://littlegaijin.blogspot.com)

 
At 7/23/2007 7:53 PM, Blogger Ryan said...

Ummm, why am I not in your sidebar? Do I have to defriend you on Facebook again?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home