Sunday, October 17, 2004

Back inside the Beltway

I just got back from my second weekend visit to Bucknell since I graduated. I don't remember what I said about my last visit and I might be repeating myself here, but I went into the C-Store to check out the candy and it has really gone downhill. No chocolate covered oreos, chocolate covered york mint bites or bite size kit kat balls. Shame on the C-Store. It used to have the best selection of candy I had ever seen and now it pretty much only consists of gummy crap.

I went to Karaoke with the BUCC crew Thursday night. Notable moments include:
-Adam asking Charles if he wants to make out.
-This picture of Charles and Matt.
-Allison and I singing We Didn't Start The Fire (my first karaoke song-go me!)
-Charles falling on his ass.

Boo moments of the weekend include:
-Opening to door to KP right on my two littlest toes. Somehow I managed to open it so it gouged out skin from IN BETWEEN my toes. NOT cool. It is also very bruised and closed toed shoes are painful. Please pray for quick toe recovery.
-My less than satisfying meal in the caf. I have missed eating in the caf, but now I'm convinced that my hot dogs with cheese wrapped in a slice of bread are fine dining in comparison.

Sign I'm getting old:
The fact the I clearly remember something that happened 15 years ago--The '89 earthquake. That's one and a half decades!!! There's something about this anniversary that's as much of a mark of my age as my birthday. I don't feel like I should be old enough to remember something from that long ago.


Way to make money, possibly?
Step 1: Pair up with someone voting for the opposite presidential candidate from you.
Step 2: The two of you register in a swing state (PA, OH and FL are your best bets, but in reality it's probably too late to do this so just lie).
Step 3: Separate to different parts of the state surrounding yourself by passionate radicals on the opposite side of you and tell them if they give you money that you won't vote. See how much you can make. This way your vote doesn't lose out and you make some dough. Too bad my next trip to Bucknell is right after the election.


1 Comments:

At 10/20/2004 2:42 PM, Blogger Laura said...

janie
i am so proud of you. only jane fulton herself could possiblty possess the superhuman capability to jam her between-toes in the doorway. i am honored to know you.
phil.

ps. eat some veggies! they are good for you! (and your toe...)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home