Sunday, October 03, 2004

Bates, Tabasco, and Tongues!

Time for a blog entry before I forget everything!

I flew up to Bates College on Thursday to surprise my sister for her birthday! It was so great to see her. The school is really perfect for her, and I'm really glad she's happy. So many people's jaws dropped because we look nothing alike. But they did say we walk and talk similarly.

I saw lots and lots of polo shirts. And there are buildings on the campus named Smith, Olin, Carnegie and Dana. I think I type for all Bucknellians when I type WTF?? I also must say I'm very grateful Bucknell didn't have sinks where you had to hold the knobs to keep the water running. This would have messed up my whole face washing routine that requires the use of two hands. And you know how Janie gets when her routines are messed up....

I flew this new airline called Independence Air. The seats are leather and bright blue! But they only recline like an inch. Did you know that you may get more room in an exit row, but there's a vent on the exit door that blows cold air right on you? And also, you can't recline seats that are in front of an exit row. This is because that inch of space is the difference between life and death. Duh.

On the flight back we had to sit at the terminal for a while so we got a free beer for it! This was actually exactly what I needed for the flight because it happened to be one of the most turbulent ones I've been on and the drink kept me from having a heart attack.

And of course I kept myself amused by looking through Skymall catalogue. Check out the 23 types of tabasco sauce gift basket for $100. And also the Humunga Toungue for dogs, which in the description they clarify that humunga is named after humungous which is slang for very large. Is there some correlation between people who fly and low IQs I don't know about that people who work for this catalogue do?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home