Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Greetings from Greenbelt, MD!

Toe update: Still a little black and blue and it's scabbing over nicely. My shoes hurt a lot less...on my toes that is. I have something on my heel/achillies that makes wearing shoes even more painful than it was on my toes. Dunno what it is, but it better not be infected! *Angry face*

For my fellow Palo Altans who have entered the trap of The Circles, if you've ever wondered how the streets are laid out, here ya go. I had no idea they were circles inside of circles. Like donuts, cool!

If you haven't checked out the link in my profile already, this video of John Edwards doing his hair is great. Makes me feel manly. No sound is necessary and it is quite long so after he puts on his glasses you can stop watching because nothing much happens.

I'm at a new temp job in Greenbelt, MD. That's right...I'm working out of state and the commute is quite something. I'm very underslept because I have to get up at 6:15am and those enticing baseballs games have kept me up at night....thanks a lot EDT. And as my luck would have it, I got a flat tire on the way home yesterday. Bastard construction nails.

On a brighter note, I have THREE friends coming this weekend!!! Charles, Allison and Michelle. It will be a nice little mixture of college and high school. And there are plans to go to karaoke in Alexandria, but don't count on me performing since the crowd will be bigger and full of people I don't know.

Along with my heel/achilles mystery and the flat tire, my boo list for this entry also includes this bus I took in the district last night to go from the metro station on I street to a restaurant on U street. It stopped at EVERY SINGLE BLOCK! I find this completely unnecessary. The blocks are not long at all and just going to every other one would be totally reasonable. Let the people have to walk a little!

My sister is on a field trip to Mt. Saint Helens for her volcano class. And no, you aren't mistaken, she does go to school in Maine. I think this is the coolest field trip ever. It was planned well before it started erupting and I'm totally jealous. Don't get lavaed Annie!!

2 Comments:

At 10/21/2004 11:24 PM, Blogger Dick said...

Jane - that mapquest link, for me, centers the map on our address and misses "the circles". I readjusted it and came up with the following URL, which is the longest and ugliest URL I've ever seen. But if it works you should see "the circles" and "circles inside of circles". (you may have for paste it into your URL address line.) I didn't realize there were c-in-c. When i've gotten lost over there I've just been glad to get out before dawn, and I vow never to go back. -Dad

http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?zoomin=yes&name=&ed=cSUCRep_0Tp4YXC3xmSMCwa0poiS4ss7xB.HdbYfxKZ6pEaq.zokVLR7qXFcEJrZbyCN9rtSBUi4LNftK3Dhfl1bQQn_.Q--&state=CA&csz=Palo+Alto%2C+CA+94306&ds=n&uzip=94306&mag=10&desc=&country=US&dma=807&cat=shop&resize=l&rezoom=0&.intl=us&compass=&pan_x=0&pan_y=0

 
At 10/22/2004 7:32 AM, Blogger Jane said...

This one works better too, guys: http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&countryid=US&addtohistory=&searchtype=address&cat=&address=Bryant%20St%20%26%20Redwood%20Cir&city=Palo%20Alto&state=CA&zipcode=94306&search=%20%20Search%20%20&searchtab=address

You might want to zoom in though, but it is centered.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home