Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Happy Happy Joy Joy Down in my Heart! Ack

Happy things in Janie's life:
  • I haven't yet lost my keys or wallet or purse. Knock on wood.
  • I got a coupon for a free gallon of milk!!
  • I got to spend time with Michelle and some of her other friends from palo alto and go into DC three days in a row.
  • I have managed to lose weight despite eating bag after bag of oreos.
  • Except for a flat tire, traffic ticket and towing, I haven't had any car troubles.
  • I checked out Peace Kills by PJ O'Rourke from the main library.
  • This isn't necessarily happy, but it's notable: I had a 20 minute conversation with one of Denise's friends about scurvy and how he eats limes to avoid it.
  • Quote from Allison: "What is this chicken dog crap? Jane, you might as well become a terrorist."

But otherwise, life sucks. The job search is in full gear this week, and if I don't get any interviews, I'm going to cry. Also, since I didn't take a trip anywhere this weekend, I have to resort to doing laundry here at the apartment tomorrow. I've put it off so long, I had to handwash three pair of underwear the other day.

2 Comments:

At 10/26/2004 2:02 AM, Blogger Jackie said...

If you don't get any interviews buddy, I will definitely be crying along with you. At some point I gotta tell you about looking for jobs during an insulin reaction--it's a good laugh.

 
At 10/26/2004 2:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww...hang in there Kiddo. Use your free time to do career research, sort your photos from Spain, or learn something offbeat like HTML or Italian (these are things I try to do if I have free time!) Jane handwashing her underwear...that's quite an image. :-) My life isn't so bad right now, but it will *really* suck once I take my midterm tomorrow. I'm soooooo sick of math. Okies...back to studying. Oh, and since I got on AIM a few nights ago I finally got your e-mail address! :-) Now I can spam ya! JK...kinda. Take care, and TTYL!

~ Jon (Peetie's friend)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home