Monday, November 01, 2004

Halloween fun!

I probably had one of the cheapest and most fun halloween costumes ever. I was a messed up ballot. On the front I wrote Nader/Cheney, Bush/Edwards and Kerry/Camejo with the little arrows at the side. And on the back I wrote Bush on one side, Kerry on the other and Other at the bottom. I brought a sharpie with me and had people vote on my back. Very interactive and it was fun taking it off afterwards and reading all the other things people wrote. For the record Kerry got 50-some votes (it was hard to tell whether some marks were tallies or not) and Bush got 44. Not surprising Kerry won, but Bush did better than expected. This is thanks in part to the pack of Packer fans I ran into who were in town for the game. It was hilarious. They were all over 50 and in Packer shirts at this bar full of young people.

Other than tallies, random things written on my shirt included:
-a guy's phone number
-"Canada, eh?"
-a penis
-I "heart" U, but the heart was poorly drawn and it looked like it said IOU. Hmmm....maybe this is what he meant.

Good costumes I saw:
-Mary-Kate Olsen....she was wearing a skeleton shirt.
-A group of guys were battleground states. They had large cutouts of Florida, Ohio, etc and were carrying shields.

My dad is here visiting for the week and I've already gotten him to take me out to dinner and by me groceries. Score!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home