Monday, November 15, 2004

Somebody didn't pass first grade math

A big WTF to McDonald's: Being a creature of habit, I have always ordered the same thing...6 piece nuggets, small fries and a small chocolate shake. As I waited in line today, I was looking at the menu and noticed that 6 nuggets cost $2.59 and that 4 nuggets cost $1. This means 8 nuggets cost $2 which is cheaper than getting 6! From now on it's 8 nuggets for Jane!

Another bargain buy today was my $8 hair straightener, but I better not say too much about this since I haven't tried it out yet. I really didn't understand the sale, but the lady scanned it and said it was $8. I didn't see a catch, so I carefully handed her a 10 making sure no extra money magically disappeared from my wallet.

It's Christmas season, which means stores have egg nog!!! Since egg nog is never around long enough for me to determine which brands are the best, I'm on a mission this time to try as many as I can. I really like the one my mom would buy when I was little, but it just came in a glass bottle with no lable. If I go to a store with a choice, I buy the one with the most fat. Nothing ticks me off more than low-fat egg nog. It only comes once a year and therefore I go all out, clogging my artieries and raising my cholesterol because by golly, it's worth it!

3 Comments:

At 11/16/2004 2:24 AM, Blogger Dick said...

janie - i don't get the $8 hair straightener. why do you need hair straightner? your hair isn’t particularly not-straight. what are you up to, some sort of a make-over or what? so how does the straightener work – is it something like a conditioner you put on after shampooing. or is this an electric device. how come people always what their hair to be the way it’s not? do you think i should dye may hair? if so, what color? Rachael’s dad bleached his hair for his 50th birthday and everyone liked it.

 
At 11/16/2004 12:54 PM, Blogger Jane said...

Don't dye your hair. It would freak me out.

 
At 12/09/2004 2:47 PM, Blogger Jackie said...

Since this post, you've had Peetie and Phil visit, you went to NYC, you went to Boston, and you came to Bucknell... Yet you have not made a single update!!! :(
It's finals week buddy, which means you should be updating frequently for me to have study breaks! Or, just extended procrastination periods...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home