Friday, July 09, 2004

Harlow Family Reunion 2004

Well I'm back from my vacation. It was a fun filled week...that is until the car ride to the airport yesterday. I'm not one to exaggerate stuff, but I think we came close to being goners. My mom was driving about 70 in the fast lane and was very drowsy. I noticed the road was curving and we weren't and the barrier was moving in on us. I yelled and my mom woke up and swerved away just in time, but we still went back and forth a few times very sharply (we may have even been on two wheels) and we ended up straightening out in the emergency lane. I was completely shaken up and burst into tears a few minutes later. I don't know what would have happened if I hadn't been paying attention. I keep playing the what-if scenario in my head.

But on to happier things! The reunion was great. I think there were about 25 of us. We got to the farm Saturday and had a clam bake. Then a bunch of us went to see Spider-man 2. On Sunday I fed the alpacas. I had never heard of this animal before, but they basically look like mini llamas. We ate dinner out by the lake. Uncle Paul and I made grilled cheese sandwiches! Super American! Uncle David, whose bday was a few weeks earlier got this tequila called Hornitos, which isn't a very appropriate name if you ask me...especially for a family reunion. He also got fireworks and set them off next to the lake. Then this redneck guy with a tractor came and it had a small canon attatched to it. The canon got set off and it was the loudest thing I had ever heard. I even had my ears covered and it was loud.

On Monday I took the train to NJ to see Jackie. On the way to the train station, I saw this truck with three giant Hershey Kisses. It was awesome. I wish I had gotten a picture. I managed to get off at the right stop this time when I got to NJ! Go me! Tuesday I went into the city with Jackie, her sister, her cousin and her boyfriend for the day. We went to ground zero and did some shopping. We went to Toys backwards R Us and rode the ferris wheel. We got the playskool car...that red and yellow thing every kid had. Then I took the train up to Rina's and spent the night with her and Mordy. They're bathroom is all Sponge Bob! It was a fast day for them so Rina and I cooked dinner then waited until 9:12 to eat. I had to be the one to test the pasta...haha.

Now I'm home and I went to Sam's bridal shower this evening. Peetie and I were the only non-mormons. We got her Kama Sutra massage oil and chocolate mints. Apparently massage oil is a common bridal shower gift.

Denise and I are looking for (cheap) appartments in DC! I'm scared, but also really excited. Hopefully we'll be there within a few weeks. Yay!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home