Friday, July 02, 2004

Jane in Maine (and other various New England places)

At the moment I'm in New Hampshire. Tomorrow we're off to the farm in Connecticut for the family reunion.

Yesterday we went up to Bates College where my sister's going this fall. Then we stopped in Freeport which is the cutest little town with LOTS of shopping, including the L.L. Bean headquarters. I can't wait to visit my sister so I can go back.

Then we met my sister's online friend Emma who's also going to Bates this fall. Her family was pleasantly normal. I look forward to my sister meeting more normal people next year. Emma was a good start. Annie describes Emma as like me, but nicer. (Annie also informed me today that her friend Jona (male) told her that she "got the good genes in the family." I find this very amusing. Annie says he's intimidated of me. This could be because I am more masculine than him.)

Today we visited my 92 year old grandmother who has no short term memory. My sister, mom and I had to reintroduce ourselves and tell her how old we are a dozen times. It was funny. She's a mega pack rat and saved the paper doily thing that came under her cupcake at lunch. Classic Grammy. Then we went off to visit my more coherent great aunt who's 98. She is very active for her age. I hear she can bowl a 128 and she walks as fast as the rest of us.

In other news...I got a job interview with a place in DC! Hopefully this means I'm one step closer to moving...

2 Comments:

At 7/06/2004 3:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jane! This is Genelle. Yay! You have an interview in DC! That's great news! (Sorry for all of the exclamation points!!!!!!) Let me know if you are going to have extra time while you are in the area. If you are free we could get together for dinner or something.

 
At 7/06/2004 3:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jane! This is Genelle. Yay! You have an interview in DC! That's great news! (Sorry for all of the exclamation points!!!!!!) Let me know if you are going to have extra time while you are in the area. If you are free we could get together for dinner or something.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home