Saturday, December 18, 2004

Home Sweet Home

Well I'm home and happy. This is so cool getting to write a blog entry from my own bed at home. I must say again that I heart my 4 lb lap top.

I have a suggestion for you all: Fly JetBlue. And when you get to choose which snack you want, get the chocolate chip cookies. They are the best packaged chocolate chip cookies I've ever had (and I'm an expert). If you don't like chocolate chip cookies, get them anyway and mail them to me.

I'll be spending my next two weeks doing as many Palo Alto things as possible. So far I've:

  • gone to Piazza's...twice. I had to fix the major lack of food in the house. Ok fine, I mean lack of Jane-foods such as tuna, trans-fat peanut butter, two kinds of egg nog and instant breakfast.
  • gone to Stanford Shopping Center...twice. Nothing drastically new there except for a Kate Spade store and Banana Republic redid their store and closed off the side entrance.
  • worked out at the Y. I am not letting those egg nog calories get the best of me!
  • watched a car changed lanes between two eighteen wheelers on the highway. It then proceeded to change lanes again just as a van on the other side of it was moving into that same lane. I thought for sure I was about to witness an accident, but it ended up ok. I got a look at this car and it had a bumper sticker that said "Palo Alto resident. I drive safely."

Still on the to-do list is ice skating at the Winter Lodge, walking downtown and spending at least an hour in Borders, eating at Peninsula Creamery, and making cookies and egg nog. Let me know if you want to partake in any of these activities with me.

I just solved a mystery! I believe in two spaces after periods, just like you're supposed to. And I type that way naturally. But for some reason with my blog, when I reread it, there's always only one space after periods. And now I've figured out that this happens when I spell check. Blogger doesn't even give me a choice and it doesn't warn me. Not only should people have the freedom to put however many spaces after periods as they like (being dumb isn't a crime), but Blogger automatically makes it the wrong number. Bastards. Well I'm not gonna spell check after writing this last paragraph. Take THAT Blogger!

2 Comments:

At 12/18/2004 5:08 AM, Blogger sandra en palo alto! said...

the whole two spaces after a period was started mainly for typewriters. i think it's because the type would be harder to read with only one space. then it carried over into computers. but i think now people are starting to put only one space after a period. maybe it's a rule now. i dunno.. but i can't help it. i'm a two-space-after-a-period type of girl.

 
At 12/19/2004 2:04 PM, Blogger Allison said...

I'm with you on the two spaces stuff, but for many places like newspapers they only use one space now. maybe it makes it easier to read or layout easier or something.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home