Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Happy New Year!

*Warning: This entry is a little random and has no real flow or order to it. But I guess that's usually the case.*

Hooray for 2005! I have two calendars this year: a Garfield wall calendar and a Book Lover's Page-a-Day that I got for free when I bought the Garfield one and the Outhouse one which was my dad's Christmas gift.

I can't think of any resolutions to make. This isn't to say I think I'm perfect. But I already workout, I don't smoke and I don't feel like changing my diet even though I probably should. Maybe I could quit playing hearts and spider solitaire on the computer. Or I could decide to be nicer. But I think I'm nice enough.

I got home last Wednesday and had a pretty nice break. I finally got to go ice skating on Tuesday! I did a couple decent spins and some half-assed jumps where I was only in the air for about 90 degrees. And I didn't fall! So many people fell and it was hilarious to watch. Especially when it was a father and son pair and they drag each other down.

For Christmas I got some shirts and books. My mom picked out the shirts and one I'm a little unsure about. So I'm getting as many opinions as I can. So far reviews are mixed. It's pink with pleats on the shoulders and has a big flower print on the bottom right. It's not as bad as it sounds, but not quite as good as it should be... I also got some comfy kerries (flip flops). I think they're great, but my sister got the same pair and thinks they're ugly. Oh well.

The weather here is completely baffling me. I never thought my first New Year's out east would be my warmest. It was nearly 70. And tonight as I was driving back from the gym it was still 64. I think what gets me about east coast whether the most is how drastically it can change. The standard deviation of temperature is much bigger. So for now...rock on global warming!

I have discovered one thing I like about driving in Virginia: The yellow lights are about twice as long as the ones in California.

Jackie's coming to visit this weekend and has a whole list of fun things she wants to do which is awesome because now I know I won't be sitting on my butt doing nothing...woohoo!

I had a low moment tonight and had to hand wash some socks and underwear. This should hold me over for a few days until I give up and realize I'm just gonna have to use the washers in the basement. Boo hoo.


1 Comments:

At 1/07/2005 1:23 AM, Blogger Dick said...

janie, the wording in you paragraph about calendars may be a little misleading. i’m concerned that some people may read “and the Outhouse one which was my dad's Christmas gift” to mean that the Outhouse calendar was a gift from me to you. just for the record I’d like to clarify that it was a present from you to me! -dad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home